Air travel has become increasingly popular due to its many advantages, including comfort and convenience. This has resulted in a notable rise in air travel demand. Therefore people frequently seek out nearby airports in major cities like Asheville. The Asheville region is popular because of its easy access to well-connected airports. The diverse offerings of this destination appeal to various types of travellers, such as adventure seekers, those in need of relaxation, business professionals, and those looking for a rejuvenating escape. This article explores the closest airport to Asheville NC, focusing on its amenities and offering suggestions to enhance the passenger experience.
What are the Closest Airports to Asheville NC?
Asheville is conveniently served by Asheville (AVL) Airport, which is one of the closest airport to Asheville NC. However, when planning your trip, it’s essential to consider various Nearby Airports, including domestic, international, and local options. Please refer to the table mentioned below to get a comprehensive overview of these airports.
Nearest International Airports to Asheville, NC
|International Airports Near Asheville
|Distance in Miles
|Charlotte Douglas International Airport
|Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
|Charleston International Airport
|Raleigh-Durham International Airport
|Myrtle Beach International Airport
|Nashville International Airport
Nearest Domestic Airports to Asheville NC
|Domestic airports Near Asheville
|Distance in Miles
|Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
|Tri-Cities Regional Airport
|Charlotte Douglas International Airport
|McGhee Tyson Airport
Nearest Local Airports to Asheville, NC
|Local Airports Near Asheville
|Distance in Miles
|Greenville Downtown Airport
|Rutherford County Airport
|Donaldson Center Airport
|Spartanburg Downtown Memorial Airport
|Pickens County Airport
What Major Airport is Closest to Asheville NC?
The answer to the question, what is the closest airport to Asheville NC is Asheville Airport? AVL is the closest major airport to Asheville NC which is approximately 11.6 miles away. Asheville Regional Airport is located in the United States. The airport is owned by the City of Asheville and is well-known for providing excellent service to travellers.
General Information About Closest Airports to Asheville NC
Below is the table that gives you a brief overview of the Asheville Closest Airport:
|Asheville Regional Airport
|City of Asheville
|Asheville International Airport Code
Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) Facilities
The closest airport to Asheville NC, AVL offers a seamless travel experience with its user-friendly terminal and attentive staff. The airport features a single terminal building with two levels, providing passengers with various amenities such as dining options, retail stores, and complimentary Wi-Fi coverage across the entire terminal.
- Terminal Facilities: The Asheville Regional Airport has a two-level, seven-gate terminal that is modern and effective. The airport offers both a gift shop and a café on the airside as well as a restaurant on the landside. Vending kiosks, a water bottle filling station, a business centre, charging stations, and WiFi are just a few of the facilities the airport provides.
- Check-in: The Asheville airport provides a check-in counter at each of its terminals for passengers’ convenience.
- Dining & Shopping: Travelers at Asheville Airport can enjoy the convenience of sit-down table service at the various restaurants available. Additionally, many of these restaurants also offer take-away meals that can be brought on board the flight. The airport also offers multiple gift shops for your convenience.
Additional Services at the Asheville Regional Airport
- Business and conference facilities: Asheville Regional Airport provides executive lounges and business centres that feature workstations, high-speed internet, and various essential services like mailing, faxing, and printing. These facilities are purposefully designed to meet the requirements of busy business travellers, offering them a conducive environment for productivity while on the go.
- Banking: Customers have access to a wide range of banking services through Asheville Regional Airport terminals, including access to currency exchange, automated teller machine access (ATMs), and comprehensive banking services.
- Lost and Found: To retrieve any lost items at the airport terminal, the office allows you to contact the Lost and Found Support number promptly. Items are typically stored for a period of 90 days before being donated to nearby charitable organizations.
- Car parking and rental: Asheville Airport (AVL) provides various options, including short-term and long-term parking. These options include separate hourly, daily, shuttle lots, and garage parking.
- Others: The terminal provides baby changing facilities, a multi-faith chapel, pet relief areas, and recharge stations.
What are the Airlines Served at Asheville Regional Airport?
The Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) provides regular nonstop flights to and from 26 destinations, including major international hubs. AVL Airport is served by six reputable airlines, namely Allegiant, American, Delta, JetBlue, Sun Country, and United.
What International Airport is Closest to Asheville NC?
Charlotte Douglas Airport is the closest international airport to Asheville, NC. The airport is an international hub in the downtown area of Asheville.
Additionally, Charlotte Douglas Airport is the primary airport in the area, catering to commercial and military aviation needs. The airport is overseen by the city’s aviation department and covers an extensive area.
Charlotte Douglas Airport Facilities
Charlotte Douglas Airport is renowned for its outstanding travel experience, characterized by a user-friendly terminal and attentive staff. Also, it’s well-known for exceptional Southern hospitality. Charlotte Douglas Airport has a single terminal building that links five concourses. The concourses in the terminal map are thoughtfully organized for convenience.
Furthermore, Charlotte Douglas Airport consistently conducts passenger opinion surveys. The results are used to evaluate and improve customer service at the Airport. The Charlotte Douglas Airport has made several enhancements, including offering free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, adding more charging stations, and extending the operating hours of currency exchange services.
- WiFi & Charging: Passengers can enjoy complimentary WiFi access throughout the terminal. Connect to the network named “Charlotte Douglas Airport Free WiFi”.
- Sanitizer Stations: The Charlotte Douglas Airport terminal is equipped with multiple hand sanitiser stations for the convenience and hygiene of passengers. To locate the Hand Sanitizer Station, refer to the terminal maps and look for the corresponding icon.
- Pet Relief Areas: Pet relief areas can be found within the Charlotte Douglas Airport terminal, specifically in the Concourse A Connector (between Gates A1-A13 and A21-A29), the restroom corridor near the corner of Concourses D and E across from Checkpoint E, and on Concourse E near Gate E36. There is also an enclosed room between Zone D and Zone E on the back wall behind the bag carousel in Baggage Claim (pre-security, lower level).
- Currency Exchange & ATMs: Bank of America ATMs are conveniently positioned in airport terminals. Currency Exchange International (CXI) offers reliable foreign currency exchange services at Charlotte Douglas Airport. Business, travel, and mailing services are also offered by CXI. These include travel insurance, Western Union money transfers, fax/copy services (with a restricted number of copies), and traveller checks. Stamps and calling cards are available to passengers.
- USO Lounge: The Atrium’s upper level houses the USO of North Carolina’s Charlotte Douglas Airport Center. The USO of NC, Charlotte Center hosts 90,000 military troops, retirees, and their families each year. The centre welcomes active service, reserve, National Guard, retired, and their dependents to Charlotte Douglas Airport. It also offers comfortable seating, a vast assortment of reading materials, television, and refreshments. Service members can use free phones and the internet.
The available services for purchase are:
- Dedicated Arrival & Departure Assistance
- Interline Transfers/Connections Service
- Baggage & Porter Services
- Transportation Arrangements
- Airline Lounge Access Arrangements
- Arrangements at the Airport Hotel Business Center, Assistance with Shopping, etc
Additional Services at the Charlotte Douglas Airport
- Interfaith Chapel: The Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 to people from diverse backgrounds seeking a peaceful environment for reflection. The designated location for the Atrium is on the upper level. To learn more, kindly visit the official website of the Charlotte Douglas Airport.
- Meet & Greet Services: Air General’s Meet & Greet Services offer a range of options to enhance the airport travel experience for airline passengers. These services aim to make travel seamless, effortless, safe, and even luxurious.
- Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Program: Charlotte Douglas Airport has partnered with the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Organization to enhance accessibility for passengers with hidden disabilities. Passengers have the option to request sunflower-branded merchandise at the terminal. These discreet items serve as signals to stakeholders in the Charlotte Douglas Airport community, such as staff, colleagues, and health professionals, indicating their potential need for additional support, assistance, or extra time.
- Limited English Proficiency: The Charlotte Douglas Airport has taken several measures to ensure that individuals with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) can fully access and benefit from the airport’s services, as mandated by Executive Order 13166.
- Car parking and rental: The Charlotte Douglas Airport offers a range of parking options to cater to different needs. These options include both short-term and long-term parking facilities as well as car rental services for convenient transportation to and from the airport.
What are the Airlines Served at Charlotte Douglas Airport?
|+1-000 800 040 1885
|1 888 689-BAGS (2247)
|Delta Air Lines
|Sun Country Airlines
How Does Asheville Regional Airport Work?
What is the closest airport to Asheville NC? Among the airports near Asheville, NC, there is only one that is conveniently located closest to the city. The reason for its proximity is due to its geographical location. The closest airport to Asheville is Asheville Regional Airport, located mere miles from Asheville, NC, and stands as the nearest airport to the city. In conclusion, the estimated travel durations to reach the destination are around 25-40 minutes by bus, 15-20 minutes by taxi, and 10-20 minutes by private car. Furthermore, the airport operates 24/7, year-round.